My Little Pad

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Wanted - a Mojo that stays put!!!!! any reasonable offer considered

Well I went to yesterday's crop very excited as I had photographs, papers and enough stash to sink a battleship! only problem, I had lost my mojo! I tried and tried to get going without it and just as all felt lost I found it after I had had a cup of coffee. I proceeded to finish a layout I made with one of my favourite pictures of the boys and I then went on to do another LO of them. It was at this point I realised that my poor mojo had taken legs and disappeared again. Trouble was it got worse as every time I looked at the layouts I had done I realised that something just wasn't right and I was not a happy bunny. With 45 mins left till "home time" I began to feel despaired, even eating a star bar didn't help - things were bad. There was no way I was packing up early to go home on my day off from "mummy or house duties" so I resigned myself to starting a layout of Peter which I just copied exactly from the inside cover of the HOTP book - now where is the satisfaction in that????
However all was not lost as after I got the boys to bed and had finished my chinese takeaway I decided to have one more go at salvaging something out of the first layout I had made at the crop. I used the same papers in the same way but added and removed elements and I am delighted with the result!! Don't know where on earth my mojo had been hiding but I am so glad that it came back when it did!!!
Here is a picture of the reformed layout - didn't take a pic of 1st attempt as I didn't think to!

I used Junkits papers and downloaded and altered the journaling from digital scrapbook place before printing on to acetate. I cut the hearts from chipboard using the primitive hearts sizzix die, I then inked and embossed with two layers of UTEE and rubbed in silver metallic rubons. I applied a layer of diamond glaze on top to seal the silver. I applied red pepper and slate coloured Tim Holtz alcohol inks on to a piece of Mica which i then cut to size , this was then stamped with 100% the word "cute" was cut using the George Cricut cartridge.

Haven't started to overhaul the second layout yet, I'm going to try later on this evening so watch this space!

7 comments which I appreciate:

Anonymous said...

Really fab layout Sharon. Too much talking in class I think yesterday - Mrs Sim!!

Fiona D X

Stephanie said...

Love the layout Sharon - I agree with Fiona, too much yapping!!!

Stephanie xxx

Stephanie said...

I agree with Fiona - too much yapping!!!

Stephanie xxx

Sharon said...

Oops! Think I better practise what I preach!!

Jane said...

I'm going on holiday next week, would you like to borrow mine while I'm away?

Eleni said...

WOWZA this is an absolutely FAB layout Sharon!!

Linda said...

A fab LO - I love those hearts.