My Little Pad

Friday, October 19, 2007

I've actually scrapped !!!!!

Think I will need to lie down....I have actually scrapped!!!!!
Feel as though I am never out of my craft room at moment....and no I am not in tidying!! It actually looks impressively messy which is a good thing because it means I have been productive!!
Anyway I can now post a picture of my UKS Cybercrop Blind Man's Bluff entry, didn't want to upload it until the UKS gallery opened.
I about died when I opened my mystery kit (that I paid 10 quid for) and saw it was pink, infact I think the air went a little blue! However after I thought about it I decided that I would finally make a layout with a photo of my youngest sister Linda Ruth, taken 13 years ago when she was 4. I have always loved the photograph. I am going to add it to my dad's album that we all made for his 60th birthday.


.....I am also delighted because at the moment I have 9 votes, which is 9 more than I thought I'd get!




Next challenge I took part in was the Scraplift Sunday challenge. Anyone who wants to take part makes a post in the challenge thread and has to lift a layout from the person above them. The layout I lifted had a photograph matted off centre on a circle mat, I used this as my inspiration for doing the journaling.



This layout has two photographs of Peter taken when he met Mickey Mouse in Florida last summer. I adore these photographs because they say so much, he will probably forget this meeting in a few years time but I never will. The stressful parts of the holiday -heat, queues, hyper children etc were all worth it just to see his face!

I used a stencil to doodle in pencil on the background which I then painted with pigment pearls and highlighted with white gel pen. I painted a chipboard circle star in silver and filled with glossy accents and beads.

6 comments which I appreciate:

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

love these two LO's Sharon but especially the Mickey Mouse one, the doodles and journalling really pop. Must have photo's of your messy craft room though LOL

and thank you for thinking about me Thursday...xxx

Stephanie said...

The layouts are excellent Sharon, well done!

Heather said...

Messy Craft rooms are definately a good thing Sharon ;) As for the Nikon D80, no regrets, I love mine and I too always seem them on CSI hahahah! Hope your DH enjoys whateever he choses, a DSLR is the right way to go. Take care x Heather xx

Scrapdolly said...

Love that Mickey page - its fab

CloClo said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, I love the Cute layout - really adore bright colours at the moment!

Karen said...

I ove the French Twist LO. And I know who one of your 9 votes was from too. ;)

You've been tagged again. :D