My Little Pad

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Productive Crop

I was at a crop yesterday organised through UK Scrappers and had a great day. I made two new layouts and am delighted with how they turned out.

The first one I made by scraplifting a layout that Sugar Almond from UKS had made. I really love her unique style, what a talent she has! Her gallery can be found here and is amazing. The layout I lifted my idea from can be found here.

I used Bazzill Bling cardstock which I painted onto using Adirondack daubers in three colours. The 3D snowflake is a tree decoration and the other snowflakes were cut on the Cricut and jazzed up with gemstones. I bought letters at the crop yesterday which were just perfect for the theme of the layout.
The photograph is of my youngest son Peter taken during the huge snowfall we had in March 2006.




I finished the second layout when I got home and it is my favourite out of all my layouts. I am so pleased with it that I think I will make a canvas based on the same design.

I used dark brown Bazzill cardstock as a background, the patterned papers are by Chatterbox, called Foyer Hearts. I covered the small chipboard heart and number 4 with Boho Chic Luscious Lace from the Urban Window Collection. I think the manufacturer is We R Memory Keepers. I painted the large chipboard heart with two shades of Adirondack paint daubers and tied ribbon round it. I found a clock charm in my stash that I felt was perfect to add to the "forever" theme and it also adds dimension. the scallop at the bottom was cut on the Cricut machine and the ribbons are from my ribbon collection (not sure of manufacturers).
The photograph is of Andrew and Peter and was taken in November 2007.


7 comments which I appreciate:

Stephanie said...

STUNNING!!! Really, really lovely Sharon. I can't wait to come and see them on Thursday :)
I'm away to post the last 4 layouts I have done - just to get something new on my blog!!
Well done on 2 truly lovely LO!!!

TCake said...

Sharon....these are beautiful........the second one should definately be on the wall...too lovely to put in an album.
Tx

em said...

I LOVE your lift. It is totally awesome work :)
Thankyou for all of your lovely comments too.
Em x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

WOW Sharon both LO's are totally gorgeous but the second is just fantastic and should be out on display for sure.

sarah said...

Fantastic LO's Sharon, the second one is stunning.

Glitter Chatter said...

2 great LO's. Talented people like you make me think i should be more adventerous with my LO's x

Jane said...

gorgeous LOS Sharon and thanks for the link had never noticed her work before.
Naughty girl buying all that stash, my DH has just made a sarcastic comment about a pizza box arriving at my door today!!
Try as many times as you like with the sodoku, I got over 1000 when I first started