My Little Pad

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Angel Crafts Competition

I entered a competition run by Angel Crafts to submit a layout made using Hambly products.
I was gobsmacked today to hear from Angela that I had won!!!!
She is sending me a Hambly goody bag as a prize, can't wait to have a play with my new stash!!!
Here is the layout



The photograph is of Andrew taken in April 2007, a month before his 7th birthday. I used Rouge De Garance papers (Aile ou Fleur No 1) and a Hambly vintage lime green overlay. I had bought the overlay to use as part of a class from the Design Collective but ended up using it for this layout - any excuse to go buy another one!!
I embellished around the circle with various sizes/colours of coordinating buttons. I hand wrote the journalling on to Basic Grey paper from the Obscure range and cut in to strips. The inspiration for the journaling came from a layout I saw on the twopeas website which I changed a little to suit my needs.

6 comments which I appreciate:

Yasmin said...

I love what you've done with the overlay.
I struggled as to what to do with mine & ended up stitching around it.
I still have another sheet so maybe scraplift you idea if you don't mind.

Dawn said...

Gorgeous Sharon,I love rouge de garance papers.
Well done on winning.

Pam said...

wow- this is gorgeous- no wonder it won a prize-well deserved too!

Eleni said...

Congratulations ... and a beautiful layout it is!!! :D

Stephanie said...

Well done Sharon - it's a lovely LO and you are a worthy winner!!!!

Karen said...

Congratualtiosn on winning Sharon - it's a lovely page. :)