My Little Pad

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SCRAPAGANZA 2008

I am back!!
Had a great time away, I thoroughly enjoyed EVERY class that I signed up for and have come home with enough projects to keep me busy for many months!
I am still very tired as we were going to bed at 2am and getting up at 6.30am! but wanted to post quickly about the classes I took and also a slideshow.

It was brilliant getting to meet so many pople that I have "met" online too.

Lida’s On the Road Again – absolutely fantastic!! We made a beautiful acrylic mini album with the pages opening in different places. Not to mention an adorable chipboard “suitcase” to hold the album. Lida is an excellent, enthusiastic fun teacher.

Words To Live By – Scenic Route – this class was taught by Layle Concar, another enthusiastic teacher. We made a beautiful album all about friendships. It was great seeing how to incorporate this paper (Providence) in to a mini album without the paper being overpowering.

Karen Burniston’s Arch-i-tecture – What a great lady! Fantastic teacher, everyone could hear her and her instructions and templates were brilliant. The layout is superb, something that could be adapted in mini books etc. I would never in a million years have thought up such an ingenious way of paper engineering. This layout featured photos that arched and floating titles.

Teresa Collins’ Bound To Impress – Here we made a great mini book, the end product is fantastic, her paper range is so versatile.

Dyan Reavley’s Extra Texture - Another fantastic class, if Dyan could bottle her energy she would make a fortune!! She is a brilliant teacher and taught fantastic techniques which we could go on to use in other projects.

Melodee Langworthy’s Pieces of Me - I was very impressed by Melodee’s teaching and her class. She is so organised and very helpful. Here we made a mini book using a 7Gypies chipboard album and the 7gypies Nottinghill papers

Melodee Langworthy’s Family Favourites - Another great class, a mini book all about your family's favourite things.

Lance Anderson’s Colour My World – This was a great class and I got a lot done in an hour despite it being a big class. I took this class as an extra once I arrived at Holland and would have been disappointed if I had not signed up for it. Great to see how to use the lovely Pop Star papers – I need to thik outside the box more!! Lance was another fantastic teacher.

Lance Anderson’s Treasure Box – WOW!! What else can I say!! This class was fabulous, so glad that I signed up for it. There were no instructions so I decided after 30 mins to just watch and listen to him teaching and noted down important points as I didn’t want to miss anything important. I can’t wait to finish this project at home.

5 comments which I appreciate:

sarah said...

WOW WOW WOW, fantastic work Sharon, love all of it, looks like you had a great time.

Stephanie said...

Wow! You had a great time by the way you've described things. I'm so jealous!! Oh well there's always next time..........

TCake said...

fantastic work....absolutely gorgeous..glad that you had a fab time. Tx

Elaine said...

Hi, Sharon. Love your SAG photos!!!

I'm still thinking about the flock...

WeeHaggis said...

Just popped in for a visit :)