My Little Pad

Thursday, October 02, 2008

My Circle Journal Entries

Here are the entries I made for the Circle Journal I was part of.

Jane's theme - MY HOME TOWN.
For this entry, I made a double page that also opened out. On the first page I printed a map of Scotland on to acetate that could open. Below it there was a description of Fraserburgh, the town where I live. On the opposite side there is a photograph of Kinnaird Head Lighthouse with a description below it. The left hand side page opens to show photographs of boats in the harbour with the second part of the page showing a picture of the local beach on a pocket. A tag with more information is in the pocket. The right hand side opens to show another photo of the lighthouse and a local landmark called the Wine Tower. The other part of the page tells a local ghost story about a girl and her lover who died at the wine tower.

Cath's theme - The Year You Were Born
I had great fun making these pages about 1971, the year I was born. I was so inspired by this theme that I have decided that when I get a chance I will make a minibook for myself based on this year. I journalled about various things from that year such as tv shows, fashion, films, toys etc. I also included a baby photograph of myself on a small tag.

Heather's theme - Inspirational People

For this theme I chose to journal about J. K. Rowling as she is such an inspiration to many. She has inspired a love for reading in so many children.

Carol's theme - Indulgences

I made a "wheel" using an old CD on the right hand page. It turns to reveal different indulgences that I have..........and of course chocolate and shopping were two!!

Gwyneth's theme - Poems and Quotes

I love the simplicity of chinese proverbs, many of them make me chuckle so I knew instantly what I wanted to do for this theme. I made my own backgrounds for the proverbs by painting and stamping paper with shades of aqua and terracotta paints. I printed the proverbs on to vellum and attached to the backgrounds. Two of the squares were folded origami style and open up to reveal more sayings.

Diane's theme - Memories

I chose to journal about a special family holiday we had in 2006 to Florida with my husband's immediate family. The main photo opens out to reveal hidden journaling.

Jennie's theme - Fairies, Fantasty and Folklore

I really panicked at this theme and didn't have a clue what I was going to choose as my theme let alone make! However it all came together once I started, and ended up being one of my favourite entries as I had so much fun making it. Living on the coast I decided to choose mermaids as my theme. I made the left hand page a canvas building up lots of collage with driftwood, glitter, beads and sparkly mesh. I stamped the mermaid and coloured using pencils. I made her tail with layers of fantasty film and silicone. The right hand page has a shell that I printed on to card and decorated with a mermaid made totally from fantasty film. I printed a piece about Mermaids and folded it up and adhered to the shell so that it unfolded when the shell was opened.

Nina's theme - Rainbow Showers

I was second last to get Nina's CJ and the colours I would have probably picked had already been chosen so I decided to journal about the colour orange. I used techniques that I learned from Dyan Reaveley at Scrapaganza to make little chipboard tiles using orange. I also used four photographs that were predominantly orange. The left hand page was made using ribbons and buttons to represent the sun's rays. I printed on to a quarter circle tag some facts about the colour orange.


Sue's theme - Passions

Well, what else could I journal about but CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!! This ended up being another of my favourite pages. I just love the papers I used.





I had fantastic fun taking part in my first ever circle journal.

I shall leave you with my favourite chinese proverb.
"You can only go halfway in to the darkest forest, then you are coming out the other side.

6 comments which I appreciate:

Dawn said...

Wow what an impressive circle journal.

You should come Philamena is getting fancy pieces from Websters.
All the make & takes are all cut & ready.
We are doing a transparency card, stamped in white stazon & glittered when dried.

Just making more samples.
The border punch is very very popular.
Hope to see you tomorrow.

Jane said...

Lovely to see all your pages Sharon they are so beautiful, thank you for the ones you did for mine, take care Jane xx

Bobs said...

Ooooh - I love all your pages, Sharon. Absolutely fabby.
Love the tiles you made for your 'Orange' pages. They're grat fun to do, aren't they? :)

voodoo vixen said...

Oooh, lovely pages Sharon, I am sooo jealous I have to still to make my first one!! :(

jay670120 said...

joying the CJs if you fancy a different challenge or just to share your work why dont you join us over at www.fiskarettes.co.uk

Guinevere said...

Sharon - just want to thank you for my pages - they are awesome! So glad to read why you chose mermaids - as a coast liver & lover myself I was delighted that someone added mermaids to my journal. Lovely to see all your pages - I should do the same myself on my blog - but am ashamed to say I haven't got around to it yet. Life has got in the way a bit since April. So glad to have been a part of this CJ. Take care
Jennie xx