My Little Pad

Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas House



I made this house for a crop challenge to make a Christmas decoration. I was surprised but absolutely thrilled to win first prize too, especially as all the other entries were fantastic.
The house is a blank wooden house from Art From The Heart and the papers used are by Love Elsie, the paint is a cranberry Adirondack paint dabber. It was hard deciding the papers to use, infact the house was painted three times before I decided on non traditional Christmas colours of pink and brown! I went with those colours and papers in the end as they just call out sweeties to me!!


I used icicles from a Tesco tree decoration for around the roof which I attached with DST and then decorated with snow writer and glitter. I cut hearts using the Sizzix primitive hearts die shape and attached in rows. These were then sprayed lightly with adhesive and sprinkled with fine glitter. The window frames were made with chipboard and the paint was crackled to give an aged effect. The door frame was attached with a paper hinge and the bricks around it were painted in pink and glittered too. The brick shapes are the waste chipboard pieces left from cutting the picket fence, again using a Sizzix die. I placed the house on a cake board which I covered in paper and decorated with buttons and paper trees.


5 comments which I appreciate:

Dylan said...

This is just soooo gorgeous. I love it.

Wrightboysmum said...

Much better than a matchbox advent calender/house. It's really cool. Must do something with mine.

Shazza said...

gorgeous, no wonder you won first prize
x

Dawn said...

Its gorgeous Sharon, a lot of owrk involved in that house.

voodoo vixen said...

Wow... love your house Sharon!! Congrats on first prize.. well deserved winner!