My Little Pad

Monday, February 09, 2009

UKS Cybercrop - Mystery Kit

Here is my LO for the Whodunnit mystery kit challenge. The kit was bought from Modscraps. The papers were scrummy and it was a hard decision to cut them up!



The papers are by My Minds Eye - On Target, Proud Print, Lined Up, Masculine Print and Houndstooth. Bazzil Cardstock are - Hazel, Aqua, Bark and Glass Slipper bling. Also included in the kit that I used were rubons, 2 mirror image butterfly embellishments and diamantes.

I used Proud Print for the background and then hand cut a scalloped circle to layer on the top and inked around the edges. I machine sewed inside the circle edge with white thread. I then cut and sanded, to show the white edge, on a few of the other co-ordinating papers and layered these under the photographed, which had been inked around the edges with black ink.

I hand made the various flowers using the MME papers by drawing flower shapes and cutting them out. I then scrunched each one to break the paper fibres and tweaked each one in to a 3D shape and inked with white ink. The flower centres were cut from the patterned paper and CS.

Photobucket

I cut a lace edge on the Glass Slipper CS with a fiskars border punch and adhered under the photo. The scallop border was cut with the SU Scallop edge punch and doodled on with white and black pens.

Photobucket

The swirl behind the large flower cluster was stamped with a flourish stamp and I added the diamantes to it. The large flourish around two sides of the photo was cut from the Houndstooth paper using the Cricut cartridge "Graphically Speaking"

Photobucket

The letters in the title to spell BOYS were stamped using Art Warehouse letter stamps on to CS, hand cut out and then doodled around the edges. ANGELS was made using the rubons supplied in the kit which I put on to white CS and cut aroiund the edges leaving a border. The rest of the title was printed on to white card and cut and inked around.

I was delighted to poll third place in the vote.

3 comments which I appreciate:

Erika said...

I love this LO definitely my fav. Deserved more than 3rd if you ask me! The attention to detail, wow, and the colours, as Jennifer Saunders would say, "Fabulous Darling"

voodoo vixen said...

Its a stunning layout, love those colours so much and you have done a great job on the detail work.

Dawn said...

Gorgeous Sharon, definitely worthy of framing, are you delighted with it?