My Little Pad

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Queen's Challenge

The wonderful Dyan Reaveley has a challenge on her blog just now to create anything you want with a Queen's Collage sheet purchased from Lisa's Altered Art.

I had great fun creating a background yesterday for the challenge using techniques I learned from Dyan at a workshop and also a clear embossing resist technique I saw on Tim Holtz's blog.

I knew from the start that I wanted to decorate a tin to hold recipes after seeing the Cupcake Queen image. However I had no idea what I was going to do with the background LOL

Anyway I got there in the end, here is the final result.
If anyone wants the recipes I can email them to you as long as you make me a sample LOL













Details of background (Click on image for close up):
NB: The 5th picture should read " when the paint is almost dry"

6 comments which I appreciate:

Dylan said...

Wow, honey. Thought you were doing a little project. Didnt expect this. Think people will now panic lmao. Love it..!!! x

Wrightboysmum said...

Fab tin,very cool. Thanks for the mini tutorial as well I need all the instruction I can get.

TCake said...

oh i love this... how cute.. hope your ok hugs Tx

misteejay said...

Wow, this is super. Beautiful tin - so unusual.

Toni :o)

Sarah (UKS Smelly) said...

Oh sharon, this is just stunning, well done.

I think Dyan is right, i am not entering now, lol

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Sharon it's beautiful !!!!! and practical as well. They would make great presents.