My Little Pad

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Graceland Gates


Here is a double layout that I have made as part of a surprise album for my mum's 60th birthday (she is 60 on Boxing Day and will probably give me a row for disclosing her age LOL) She had better not read my blog between now and then!!!

When my dad was 60 a few years ago we (that is my 4 sisters and myself - we let my brother off!) made an album for my dad. It was a whopping 120 pages big and took almost a year to complete! It spanned from the arly 1900's to present day. My dad was overwhelmed and said that it was THE BEST present he had ever received so it was certainly worth it in the end.

For my mum's album we are covering her heritage up until she met my dad. At this point the albums will combine and we are also making layouts featuring special events in the past 3 years since my dad's 60th.

For his 60th birthday my mum had secretely booked a holiday to Nashville, Memphis and Las Vegas. He is a HUGE Elvis Presley fan and has always wanted to visit Graceland. He found out about the Graceland trip in the last layout that was made for his album and took a while to realise what it meant!!

As with a few of the layouts for my mum I have omitted journalling as these can be added later and if necessary be hidden behind the photos. I would prefer to add this once my mum can give more personal details etc.

Click on the image for a larger view and as always thanks for looking.
x





6 comments which I appreciate:

Hazel said...

Your mum's going to love this x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Wow that is beautiful, a labour of love most definately :) TFS

Angelnorth said...

What a fantastic gift for your mum and how wonderful to have sisters to help with the project! This LO looks great, I bet the finished album is going to be a stunner!

Karen said...

Awe you & your sisters are so wonderful to do that for your Dad. Your Mum is going to be over the moon to have one as well! XX

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous Sharon, I bet there will be a few tears when she receives this.

I'd love to go to Graceland myself too! xx

Janice said...

Beautiful pages Sharon. Love the swirly thing.