My Little Pad

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mum 60th Birthday Card

I received lots of pieces of chipboard from Di at Tando Creative yesterday and couldn't wait to get started on my first DT project. I made a card for my mum's 60th birthday using the small chipboard word MUM. I knew that I wanted a feminine card and of course a glittered word!


I painted the chipboard with two coats of Buttermilk acrylic paint and inked the edges with Chestnut Roan chalk ink. I then applied glossy accents and Crystal Glamour Dust for sparkle. The chipboard piece is really thick and sturdy and really stands out on the card.




The paper base is Pandora from the Victorian 7 gypsies collection.
The flourish border and 60 have been cut using the Storybook cartridge on the Cricut. The butterflies have been punched using a Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, stamped, blinged and layered.
I also added ribbon, tulle and a heart pin for a soft, feminine effect.


I have really enjoyed making my first DT project which can be seen on the Tando Creative blog here.
Thanks for looking.
xxx

10 comments which I appreciate:

Traceyr said...

Wonderful Sharon. So feminine and pretty. :)

Wrightboysmum said...

The card is lovely and the chipboard has come up really well. Fab colour.

Net said...

What a beautiful card Sharon! Glitter is always good - well in my world anyway!

Kaz said...

It's beautiful Sharon. xx

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful card, love the bling for the word and the butterfly bodies!

Janice said...

Beautiful, I'm sure your mum will love it.

kirsticoo said...

Lovely card Sharon... Love the sparkle - it looks fab and I am sure your mum will love it...x

Caroline said...

Lovely card Sharon and the colours are very subtle and lovely too....x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Beautiful card Sharon, love your CC pieces.

Many congratulations on being chosen for the DT, not before time..

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, the card is stunning. Your mam is really going to love it! Stephanie x