My Little Pad

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Art Journalling Challenge - January's pages

I have completed January's pages ready for starting the 2010 365 day art journalling challenge inspired by Kate at the Kathryn Wheel

I made my pages about A4 size and glued 8 sheets of newspaper together with a blue glue stick (totally covering each page). Once dry I painted them with a white undercoat so they were ready for each month.

For January I painted the background in shades of blue and printed with bubble wrap and antique white paint. Once dry I stamped snowflakes randomly over the top using silver ink and a Tim Holtz stamp. I repeated with a Tim Holtz script stamp with navy ink.





I went through a pile of patterned papers and cut 4cm squares and also punched 1 1/2" circles. I have sorted these into cool and warm colours and chose a selection of cool colours for January. To finish off I doodled a border and added American Crafts glitter letters.





And today is also WOYWW (what's on your workspace Wednesday) Although I enjoy looking at everyone else's photos on a Wednesday I didn't sign up as I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up. However since my camera was out I snapped a picture of it just now too. (LOL Can you see the pink pages ready for February LOL Also painted chipboard black ready for decorating the covers *polishes halo* LOL)



11 comments which I appreciate:

Leigh said...

OMG--those are amazing!!!!

not sure i could create sonething that fab!!!!!

kirsticoo said...

Well done Sharon... never mind me and Sonja giving you a nudge I think it will be the other way about...lol...x

Janice said...

Your journal looks great already Sharon.

Kaz said...

Oh wow you've done so well already!! You're making me want to join in. xx

Wrightboysmum said...

Yep your now ahead I'm just cutting out squares at the moment still. Looking good.

Gez said...

Gorgeous pages Sharon. Love your style. Like the idea of circles as well as squares. Will upload mine in the morning. GOOD LUCK.

Love & Blessings for 2010. Gez.xx

Di said...

Oh what a fabulous start Sharon...you've inspired me to try and give this a go xx

tracy said...

now thats what you call a desk!!!

love your 1st page :) like the idea of circles in with the squares (might have to borrow that one ;))

Scrappy~Sarah said...

wow fabulous pages. :) TFS

Jill said...

What a wonderful work space and I love reading your 'how I did it' - will have to try some of this.

Gill M said...

These are lovely, can't wait to see how your February pages turn out :)