My Little Pad

Monday, December 07, 2009

Winter Wall Hanging

This week I made a vertical wall hanging using chipboard letters and snowflakes from Tando for the Tando Creative blog

First I painted each snowflake in baby blue acrylic paint, once dry I sponge painted antique white over the top fading at the edges. To give each snowflake an aged look I inked the edges roughly with creamy brown chalk ink. I then decorated each snowflake with glitter dust over glossy accents.

To make each letter I triple embossed them with Blonde Moments Sugar Cool UTEE. To make the swirl effect I stamped in to the hot UTEE before it set with swirl stamps, I also dropped some gems for extra sparkle.

I attached each snowflake with wire and pearl beads adding tulle and jingle bells to every second snowflake. Every other snowflake was decorated with Christmas Prima flowers and stars. I fastened a beaded tassle to the bottom and tied several coordinating ribbons and jingle bells to the top.





Click on the pictures for close ups.
Thanks for looking.
x



4 comments which I appreciate:

misteejay said...

Sharon, this is beautiful. The colours are just perfect.

Toni :o)

Karen said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Sharon!!!!! XXX

Wrightboysmum said...

I loved this in real life at the weekend. Excellent,I really love the colours.

Erika said...

beautiful wall hanger Sharon better in real life.