My Little Pad

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Heart Basket

I have had great fun decorating a lovely little chipboard Heart Basket as DT work for Tando Creative. It is supplied flat but easily slots together and stands up, perfect for small gifts. The heart size is approx. 120mm wide by 110mm tall and 25mm deep.

I decided to go for a "worn wood" effect. To do this I first painted it with Reeves gold acrylic paint then applied a layer of Blonde Moments crackle glaze. I left it to dry completely overnight and then applied the top layer of paint which is deco art deep red. The edges were inked with charcoal chalk ink.

To decorate the front I used a self adhesive crystal swirl made by Zva Creative, words cut from paper by Teresa Collins and a Delish designs rub on.



I have filled it with sweets inside black tulle and added a red chiffon ribbon bow and crystal stems. As an extra surprise I will add a cimema gift card or similar behind the sweets. Once it has been opened I of course plan on reusing the crystal stems and tulle LOL but will also fill it with love quote tags and use as a display.

Thanks for looking....x


13 comments which I appreciate:

kirsticoo said...

Very cute basket... xoxo

Karen said...

This is gorgeous Sharon!!!! Love the crackle on it. Hope you get to have one of the sweeties and what a good idea of the cinema voucher XXX

Wrightboysmum said...

Love that worn wood effect with the gold peeking out. The recipient will love it.

Kaz said...

It's lovely Sharon and I love that you'll be recycling!! x

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Ooooo this is lovely :D

Erika said...

Oh I love your heart Sharon. Beautifully decorated...will have to get some of these top painting techniques off you!

Caroline said...

Gorgeous Sharon - I love the crackle effect...x

Traceyr said...

Wonder who the lucky recipent will be Sharon?

Great work! :)

Sharon said...

Hubby if he is good LOL

Sarah (UKS Smelly) said...

Ohh very Pretty, great job Sharon

Di said...

Fantastic work Sharon and a great idea to add the link to the Crystal swirl made by Zva Creative *wink* LOL!

Sharon said...

LOL Di at the comment about the swirl. no confusion as to what brand LOL It's the "other comapny's" loss *wink*

Leigh said...

ohhh stunning Sharon