My Little Pad

Monday, February 01, 2010

Hanging Heart Decoration

February's challenge over at Vanilla Sugar is to make a hanging heart decoration.
Head on over to see the fantastic creations the other design team members made.
Below are pictures and a description of what I made.




To make the heart base I drew a heart shape on an A4 piece of chipboard and cut out with a craft knife (the heart fills the sheet). I applied a layer of Viva Decor Terra paste to the base and stamped in to it with a selection of script and swirl stamps. I heated it carefully with a heat gun to speed up the drying process and also to get a slight "bubbling" effect to the paste. Once dry I painted it with deep pink and red paint so that it went in to the grooves then lightly sponged a paler pink and cream paint to the surface. I finished the base by very lightly rubbing on berry and gold metallic paints with my finger.





I hand drew another heart shape for the inside and covered it with Basic Grey paper, sanding and inking the edges. The ruffle was created by ruffling ribbon on the back. This top heart was adhered to the heart base with foam pads so that is was higher. I then used a crystal swirl to add some bling and arranged some paper roses and gold ribbon to make a focal decoration. The quote was printed on to paper, distressed, inked and backed on to more basic grey paper and attached to the side of the heart.

I am looking forward to seeing all the challenge entries. I hope you take part.

Thanks for looking.x

7 comments which I appreciate:

kirsticoo said...

This is really very pretty Sharon... definitely need to try this technique...xoxo

Karen said...

This is just awesome Sharon! I love the texture and the way you have coloured that and the ruffle is a gorgeous touch. XXX

Wrightboysmum said...

That paste is great. Love the colour and texture.

Erika said...

Stunning work Sharon, love your painting techniques.

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Ooooooo this si so pretty :D
Love it :D
Julie xx

Sadie B said...

This is a gorgeous creation, you are extreemly talented.

Sarah (UKS Smelly) said...

Beautiful Heart Sharon. I am so after some of this texture paste.

Maybe they will bring it with them at the paper artsy retreat, fingers crossed, lol