My Little Pad

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Home Minibook

I have been crafting with lovely Tando Creative products again as DT work. I have a few Tando goodies to play with but decided to decorate this lovely 6x6" Crooked Home minibook.

I wanted to make a shaker feature of the apperture created when the house shape was removed so first I drew around the house window on to a piece of patterned paper and cut out with a craft knife. (I did not glue the cover on at this stage). I then adhered a piece of clear acetate over the apperture on the front of the book taking care to put plenty DST around the house edge. I turned the book over then poured some dedazzle beads in to the shape and adhered another piece of clear acrylic over the back. Once this was secure I covered each side of the cover with patterned paper carefully matching up the house shape that I had cut from the paper earlier. I cut around the edges and letters using a craft knife. The remaining five pages of chipboard were covered with co-ordinating paper. All edges were sanded and inked to finish.


I made some extra pockets and tags for the inside of the album. The minibook comes un-punched to give the end user various options for binding. I decided to bind mine with the Bind It All and 1.25" wires as I wanted to make use of the wires for decoration. I covered the chipboard house with paper, added a rub-on, punched a hole in the roof and attached it to the wires with a ball chain.


I have not decided on photos for the album yet but when it has been filled I will post some more pictures. This book would also make an ideal gift for someone that has moved to a new home.



Papers used are from the Wild Raspberry collection by K and Co.

Thanks for looking...x

11 comments which I appreciate:

kirsticoo said...

Oh very nice Sharon - love the little shaker style you have done..xox

Wrightboysmum said...

That little book is great and I love Shaker windows their a bit like snow globes another favourite thing.

Karen said...

This is just gorgeous Sharon, I love the shaker idea...would never have thought of that. This chippie is a good depth for that isn't it?

OMG steeled myself for a look at that 'thing'! Have to say I shuddered, no wonder you were frightened. BIG HUGS XXX

Erika said...

Ooo Sharon I bought this one recently too....looks beautiful and I love the papers you have used.

Kathy said...

Your book looks fab. A woman after my own heart with the beribboned bindings!

Janice said...

Oh cool effect!

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Ooo this is lovely :D

Leigh said...

stunning as always Sharon

Anonymous said...

You have made a lovely book Sharon, it really is stunning! I had a look at the puppet, looks harmless enough to me!!! Only joking, I can see how it would instil fear into any child with the misfortune of seeing it! Stephanie xxx

Sarah (UKS Smelly) said...

Great Tabdo project, well done

voodoo vixen said...

Love the home book Sharon!! I have been having a lovely time catching up with your blog... especially as I didn't manage to have enough time at home to catch up in person!! Did go to the scrap shop at Bodham though!! ;) Should be home in July as we are finished here then... so be warned, I will be about in person!!