Wednesday, February 03, 2010
I received a blog award today from my crafting buddy Sonja. I have not received many blog awards so it is a lovely thought when someone sends me one. Thanks Sonja!
So to the rules....
To have this award is to pass it on – the instructions are as follows:
1. Thank the person giving the award.
2. Copy the award graphic to your blog.
3. Place a link to their blog.
4. Name seven things people don’t know about you.
5. Nominate seven bloggers you admire.
6. Place a link to these bloggers.
7. Leave a comment on their blog notifying them of the award.
So I have to say thank you to Sonja at The Secret Life of a Scrap Stash Collector for sending me this award. I read her blog several times a week and love looking at all her creations. She is fab at art journalling!
So seven things people don't know is harder but here we go.
1. I have had three miscarriages.
2. I have a rare chromosomal disorder called a Balanced Reciprocal Translocation which in my case affects my chromosomes 15 and 20. This means that 50% of my eggs are unsuitable for a healthy pregnancy and result in miscarriage (25% of my eggs have too much chromosome 15 and not enough chromosome 20, 25% have too much chromosome 20 and not enough chromosome 15, 25% are normal and 25% will be like me and have the balanced translocation). PHEW! If you understood that award yourself a chocolate bar LOL
3. Although I am chatty, I am quite insecure and worry too much! I use my social skills to cover up a lot!
4. I am a Sci-Fi geek!
5. I am still scared of a ventriloquist puppet called George from my childhood (that belonged to my cousin) that has skirey orange hair and googly eyes!
(I don't want to give anyone nightmares but I googled the puppet as I think his right name was Mr Parlanchin - only look if you don't mind puppets!)
6. My favourite song is Somewhere over the Rainbow. I love Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's mix with Wonderful World the best.
7. I can't leave the volume controls, air conditioner etc on an odd number unless it ends with 5 as that to me is a round number!
There are loads of great blogs out there but these are blogs that I read regularly and find inspiring work on. There are loads of blogs that I read that have likey had this award already so I have tried to choose different blogs.