My Little Pad

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Kreative Blog Award




I received a blog award today from my crafting buddy Sonja. I have not received many blog awards so it is a lovely thought when someone sends me one. Thanks Sonja!

So to the rules....

To have this award is to pass it on – the instructions are as follows:

1. Thank the person giving the award.
2. Copy the award graphic to your blog.
3. Place a link to their blog.
4. Name seven things people don’t know about you.
5. Nominate seven bloggers you admire.
6. Place a link to these bloggers.
7. Leave a comment on their blog notifying them of the award.

So I have to say thank you to Sonja at The Secret Life of a Scrap Stash Collector for sending me this award. I read her blog several times a week and love looking at all her creations. She is fab at art journalling!

So seven things people don't know is harder but here we go.

1. I have had three miscarriages.

2. I have a rare chromosomal disorder called a Balanced Reciprocal Translocation which in my case affects my chromosomes 15 and 20. This means that 50% of my eggs are unsuitable for a healthy pregnancy and result in miscarriage (25% of my eggs have too much chromosome 15 and not enough chromosome 20, 25% have too much chromosome 20 and not enough chromosome 15, 25% are normal and 25% will be like me and have the balanced translocation). PHEW! If you understood that award yourself a chocolate bar LOL

3. Although I am chatty, I am quite insecure and worry too much! I use my social skills to cover up a lot!

4. I am a Sci-Fi geek!

5. I am still scared of a ventriloquist puppet called George from my childhood (that belonged to my cousin) that has skirey orange hair and googly eyes!
(I don't want to give anyone nightmares but I googled the puppet as I think his right name was Mr Parlanchin - only look if you don't mind puppets!)

6. My favourite song is Somewhere over the Rainbow. I love Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's mix with Wonderful World the best.

7. I can't leave the volume controls, air conditioner etc on an odd number unless it ends with 5 as that to me is a round number!


There are loads of great blogs out there but these are blogs that I read regularly and find inspiring work on. There are loads of blogs that I read that have likey had this award already so I have tried to choose different blogs.

Erika
Jo
Ruth
Leigh
Karen
Kaz
Leandra

11 comments which I appreciate:

Leigh said...

thanks Sharon, done lol

Wrightboysmum said...

I do understand number 2 due to mispent time in a laboratory lol. Glad you got the boys though. We're sci-fi geeks too. I forgot I should have said I got my proposal in the queue for Star Trek 6 in the days when you had to queue outside on a Friday night for the first showing.

Sharon said...

I miss Star Trek Sonja. I have seen every episode for all the new serieses such as next generation, deep space nine, enterprise, voyager.

Leigh said...

I got lost on number 2, didn't help that I thought Sonja had mispent time in a lavatory not a laboratory lol.

I am totally with you on the eerie clown puppet things though. My pal had a clown doll and one night after we had come home from a night out she put it in the bed next to me when I was sleeping! lol

Sharon said...

ROFL at the misinterpretation Leigh!

Know wonder you freaked at the clown doll! I hate old vintage clowns too and broken doll images freak me out - they all belong in horror films!

Wrightboysmum said...

ROFLMAO at Leigh's comment. The new Star Trek movie is pretty good though.

kirsticoo said...

I kinda got no 2... I found out when I tried to donate fertilised eggs that I am a carrier of Cystic Fybrosis which meant the eggs could only be used for medical science experiments..lo... which was a shame but then again another Morgan - imagine inflicting that on someone else.....

I too remember having to queue to get into the cinema.. don't like Star S=Trek tho..sorry...x

Karen said...

Awe Sharon..you must be so happy to have your lovely boys XXX

er....clowns freak me out a bit as do 'human' lookingpuppets :(

Take care & thank you my lovely XXX

Liz said...

Well done on your award. Great facts about you. I'm not a lover of those dolls either. Just plain weird if you ask me. Glad Sonja wasn't lost in a lavatory!!

kirsticoo said...

Oh you are right Sharon - VERY VERY FREAKY!!!!... Don't have nightmares...lol...x

thekathrynwheel said...

Oh my goodnesss, I rememember that puppet! Wow, it looks even more freaky when I look at it now than it did as a child. Would look good on a journal page though ... :-)