My Little Pad

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Early or Late for Halloween?

With this project I am either 4 months late or 8 months early! However I am going to opt for 8 months early so I can feel good about being so organised LOL. Mind you I often make things out of season just because I feel like it and that is what happened when I received this Cat shaped piece of chipboard from Tando Creative.

I really wanted to make this cat in to something Halloween themed so chose to decorate a candlestick.



To decorate the cat I applied Viva Decor Ferro paste in charcoal and stamped with a Tim Holtz stamp to make the texture. I dried it with a heat gun to also give a bubbled effect. Once dry I painted black paint in to the grooves and then rubbed off the top layer of paint so that the Ferro showed through. I lightly sponged some silver acrylic paint over the top and finished off by rubbing on some pearl grey and berry metallic paints on parts. The Tando chipboard is so thick it really does take any medium you put on it!

The candlestick was originally black however I coloured it with alcohol inks to make it more purple and mottled. The paper tag is made with Rusty Pickle paper and the circles attached to wire are stamped with Papertrey Ink Halloween Tag stamps and punched out.


Thanks for looking....x

13 comments which I appreciate:

craftymum said...

Hi Sharon. Glad you found the the Totally Gorjuss blog. Yes you can use any stamped image. However if you use a Gorjuss Girl you get a double entry to win the prize. Look forward to your entry.
Love Sarah WC XXX

Erika said...

Definitely early Sharon and beautiful I love all the painting techniques you are using....can't wait till Elgin maybe you could run through a couple?

susan said...

This is fantastic Sharon, what a nice effect!

Janice said...

Oh I love that texture. Great job Sharon.

Hazel said...

Very clever, Sharon - love it x

tracy said...

OMGosh sharon she's georgous :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Sharon, it looks really good. What a great idea, well done!! Stephanie xxx

Shazza said...

this is fab Sharon
x

kirsticoo said...

Well done Sharon - it's gorgeous..great techniques...xoxo

Dawn said...

Ooh this is lovely, I love Halloween

Leigh said...

stunning Sharon.

Karen said...

Oh Sharon, this is absolutely stunning honey! I love that terra effect (still need to get some haha) and the candlestick idea is sooo different, well done! XXX

leigh11 said...

OMG that is seriously gorgeous!!!