My Little Pad

Monday, March 01, 2010

Vanilla Sugar March Challenge

The challenge for March over on the Vanilla Sugar, Sweetly Handmade blog is to create a Fabric Mini Album. Do pop over and see what all the design team have made, the albums are so different and are all beautiful. I hope that lots of people are inspired to take part in this challenge.

Here is my design team entry.




To make the minibook I cut pieces of chipboard 5" x 5" and covered them with squares of fabric. I sewed very close to the chipboard edges with a running stitch and then used a pinking shears to trim around the edges. To make the circular pages I used old CDs and covered them with fabric in the same way that I did the square pages.



I used 8mm eyelet and washers, purchased from a haberdashery store to reinforce the holes. The whole album was then bound with three book rings and adorned with a lush assortment of bright ribbons.



The mini book shows photos of us at Florida last October, I used tacky glue to fix them in place as DST and Herma won't stick to fabric. The assortment of stickers are by 7 gypsies and the die cuts and journalling cards are by October Afternoon.

The inside of the book.

















Thanks for looking.

12 comments which I appreciate:

Karen said...

WOW Sharon, this is absolutely fabulous!!! I am in awe!!! HUGS XXX

misteejay said...

Lovely bright and cheerful book.

Toni :o)

Sarah (UKS Smelly) said...

beautiful fabric album Sharon, very bright and funky, well done

kirsticoo said...

Thios is such a gorgeous wee book Sharon...have just seen it on the Bubbly site - fab...xox

Rosie said...

Sharon this is absolutely fab! Love the entire book, but I'd just like to thank you for sharing how your did it! Very inspirational!

Wrightboysmum said...

Love all the bright colours they really suit the photos. Fab book.

Valerie said...

What a wonderful book Sharon, I love it
Val

Erika said...

I love this Sharon....stunning. I have to say when I first saw the challenge on Sarah's blog this is what I had in mind....just need to find the time to sit and do it now. LOL.

**Leanne Marie** said...

Hey..Just Thought Id Pop By And Say You Have A Great Blog Here!!
Keep Up The Good Work Hun!!
Ive Just Started A New Blog :D
Love Leanne
xXx

Anonymous said...

Sharon, this album is just fabulous, not that I'd expect anything less from you!!! It is so bright and colourful and lovely to see if filled with great photos of the boys!
xxxStephaniexxx

Sarah said...

Wow, what a fab little book Sharon x.
It was great to catch up with you at the weekend, see you again next year LOL

Traceyr said...

What a wonderful book Sharon. :)