My Little Pad

Monday, April 05, 2010

Who Pinched March??

Oh my goodness March has just whizzed past in the blink of an eye! I have been overwhelmingly busy and am hoping that April is much calmer and slower paced!!

The main thing that has occupied my time in March is that my husband and I have decided to build a new house at the edge of our town. We have chosen a plot of ground that we like and have almost picked a house design. I will update my blog once I have new news.

Yesterday I came back from a week's holiday in Tunisia which was amazing. We had a very relaxing and wonderful week and came home last night. I am still feeling "floaty" today as it usually takes me a couple of days to get back in to a routine etc. Lots of washing to dry and typically it is raining!

Just before I went on holiday I was invited by Scrappy Bunny over on UK Scrappers if I would design a class for the upcoming Monopoly cybercrop. Time was very tight for me as it left me three evenings to design, make and photograph it as well as write out the instructions, supply list etc but I managed it!! I am overwhelmed at being asked, excited but also very nervous too! I hope that peeps like it.

The April challange for Vanilla Sugar went live whilst I was on holiday too. The theme for April is Birds and Birdhouses.



I made a gift box for holding Easter treats in the shape of a birdhouse. It is approximately 13cm high and 11cm wide with a depth of 4cm. It is made from cardstock which I stamped (base) and embossed (roof) in a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The window was punched using a circle punch and then acetate was added inside to stop the eggs from falling out. The front was decorated with a Prima paper bird, ribbon and a sentiment. This is a quick and easy gift box that I am sure will be appreciated by the recipient.


I am having to work from my laptop just now as the main PC is getting upgraded however when I get it back I will scan the template I made for the birdhouse and upload too.


Oh and very sheepishly I have to admit that I failed miserably with keeping up with the month of March for the 365day art journalling challenge. I think I did about 7 days but I didn't make the background either. I did however do February's but I have not photographed them yet. Hopefully I can pick up in April and I might just do a summary for the month of March seeing as there was so much to write about too!!

11 comments which I appreciate:

misteejay said...

Can't wait for your class in the CC.

Lovely bird-house and a great idea as a gift box for all sorts of occasions.

Toni :o)

Karen said...

Awe I am glad you had such a lovely holiday Sharon. The rest you need before you get stuck into your new home...how exciting that must be for you all!!

I love your birdhouse and what a lovely way to give mini eggs, HUGS XXX

voodoo vixen said...

Love the birdie house Sharon, very pretty and being full of choccy stuff just make sit even more so!! I am looking forward to your class at the CC, it looks fun!!

Sarah (UKS Smelly) said...

Oh lots of exciting times ahead sharon. Love the birdhouse, well done

Wrightboysmum said...

Glad your holiday was fab and a new house really exciting. A summary for March sounds good and well done on getting the class finished in time. I'm looking forward to it going live.
Love the bird house.

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

I know what you mean hun, can't believe its April!!
Love the birdie house :D
And can't wait to see your class - so pleased for you :D
Julie xx

Elaine said...

Love the bird-house - fab colours. Must try and do one of these.

Anonymous said...

Really lovely project Sharon (but then again, would expect nothing less!!! :) )
Glad you had a fab holiday and good luck for UKS cybercrop weekend xxx Stephanie xxx

kelly said...

I love the bird house! Can we have a template please it is just Fab

Kelly x

Fluffy said...

Love your little birdhouse and as for building your own design house how exciting is that!!
Hugs
Tracee

Jude said...

March must be crazy with everyone...it was here too! Love the birdhouse, very cute and congrats on the house - really exciting! A summary for March would be quite cool - will definitely highlight the kind of month you had!! xx