My Little Pad

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Heritage Layouts

Whilst looking through the stored photos on my PC for upgrading my sidebar galleries I came across a few layouts that I made for the album my sisters and I gave to our mum for her 60th birthday.

I find heritage photos very difficult to scrap as I am naturally drawn towards bright colours. In most of them the layout and embellishments were kept very simple.

The baby in this photo is my granny and she is standing at the right hand side of the photo below this one.



I am the baby in this photo.





The layout of my grandparents wedding was a scraplift of an earlier layout I made of my two boys titled Boys Can Be Angels Too.




My mum and her sister


Two separate layouts of my parent's wedding.





The double LO of Graceland was a scraplift of a LO I saw on the two peas gallery. I will find the original and come back with a link.





Thanks for looking
x


7 comments which I appreciate:

kelly said...

I know you said you find scrapping the heritage photos difficult, but i think you have really done them justice and they look beautiful!!!!

:)

Erika said...

Wow you have been busy, what great photographs, love the old ones.
You're mum must have got marriage around the same time as mine...the dresses and bridesmaid colours are so similar.
Great LO's Sharon....better get cracking on all those baby books though!

Shazza said...

these are beautiful Sharon, might have to scraplift some
x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Beautiful layouts Sharon, I also find heritage very difficult but you've done a super job.

Jude said...

Hi Sharon, great layouts - love the old photos and the colours are perfect.

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog - it's been so reassuring to hear other Mum's positive experiences of the op and I know that it is for the best...although it still makes my heart skip a beat to imagine her in an operating theatre without me there holding her little hand. Must keep focused on the big picture!! Thanks again. xx

Leigh said...

all beautiful Sharon.

Laura said...

Wow, I love all those black and white photos! They look amazing. Beautiful layouts!